Thursday 14 November 2013

Pattern mash-up


Recently a family member asked me to make something for their daughter... They sent me a reference shot showing the buttons/collar and red...



I decided to have a go because after all who doesn't enjoy a bit of a challenge. I combined the Little Lizard King sunsuit pattern with the neckline and peter pan collar of Straight Grain's Bubble Dress pattern. I was not sure if it was going to work out, but after some fiddling and trial and error it worked out okay. Here is what I ended up with...





Pattern: Straight Grain's Bubble Dress with Little Lizard King's Sunsuit pattern. 
Fabric: White woven fabric I had laying around for the collar, super soft red cotton lawn for body from Spotlight.
Buttons: Vintage score from a second hand store.
Elastic: 1" elastic for back. Underwear elastic for around legs (makes life so much easier then encasing it)


6 comments:

  1. well this simply could not be anymore adorable if you tried. what a doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was actually really easy to make. This little girl has always been such a sweet little girl. :)

      Delete
  2. This is super cute! I was trying to find an email address for you so I could thank you for your sweet comments about my Junebug remix, when I stumbled on this post. That romper is pretty adorable. And yes, I'm all about the lingerie elastic instead of casings. Especially on clothes we know they'll grow out of soon enough anyway! I am just starting a MashUp series on Call Ajaire (intro post up today) and would love you to check it out. There's a flickr group too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, better to make our lives easier! I will check it out now, sounds great :)

      Delete