Saturday 14 June 2014

The Franken-Indie sewing contest (Alder Skirt meets Caroline Dress)

Welcome to my first entry into The Monthly Stitch. This month it is all about Indie patterns - which I love and use 90% of the time anyway.

I chose to 'Franken-Indie' the Alder Skirt by Imagine Gnats with the Caroline Dress by Welcome to the Mouse House

Here is what I came up with. After the leap I will tell you what I did. 



Basically I used the princess seamed bodice of the Caroline dress (With high neckline, next time I will make it lower), with the pockets and skirt length of the Alder.

Changes made: basically I made the bodice first and then used the measurements of the side panels to be my founding length of the pockets. This means that the seams line up and looks quite neat. I then just used gathered rectangles for the front and back of the dress.

Conclusion: Alder Skirt pockets are the bomb. Also this is a great dress to wear to work.
Fabric used: Cloud9 Organic cotton in Straw Hat - Gray (Lined in Straw Hat Pink). 

No comments:

Post a Comment