Monday 6 October 2014

Sewing my way through 'Love at First Stitch' - The Clemence Skirt

love at first stitchlove at first stitch

For my Birthday this year I got a copy of Tilly and Buttons 'Love at First Stitch' (Available here). I have since decided to sew up a whole lot of work clothes for Summer from its provided patterns. I started with the Clemence Skirt, basically the book just tells you how to make the pattern. Very simple stuff and is identical to a skirt I made myself when I first started machine sewing nearly 2 years ago. 
You have your simple waistband (waist measurement + seam allowance), skirt length + desired width.... For me that is usually however much fabric I happen to have left. Sew it all together and add in a zipper and done. 
love at first stitch

 For my second version I tested out the provided pocket pattern and love it. I made awesome in seam pockets. It really takes it from a 20 minute project to a 40 minute project BUT sometimes you just gotta put a bit of extra work into a garment you are going to wear a lot. My goal is to be a less lazy sewist.
love at first stitch


 And... I need pockets!





Check back later on for my versions of other Love at First Stitch patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment