Sunday 12 October 2014

Sewing my way through 'Love at First Stitch' - The Lilou Dress

love at first stitch

Welcome to my version of the Lilou Dress. I have so far made 2 - one in green and one in pink. These are very quick to sew and reasonable comfortable. The bodice pattern has a total of 6 darts. 

love at first stitch

I made an alternate skirt - I just gathered up whatever fabric I had so that I could use the existing selvage on the fabric. 

I had to tweak this pattern quite a bit and still have more that needs doing. I took a lot out of the back bodice at a dramatic angle. The back darts don't sit as nicely as I would like and the front darts make me look a little like Madonna - but all in all with some alterations it is a fine dress for day wear and for work. I even can get away with wearing it bra-less as it is fully lined.



love at first stitch



No comments:

Post a Comment